posted on March 19, 2014 14:22
CONWAY, SC– William E. Prenatt, MD with CPG Family Medicine @ Towne Centre has recently been certified as a medical examiner on the National registry of Certified Medical Examiners, a program of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
Dr. Prenatt is currently the only Certified Medical Examiner in Horry and Georgetown Counties and is authorized to provide medical examinations to commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers in accordance with the regulations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. After May 21, 2014, all CMV drivers who are required to be medically certified must be examined and certified by a medical examiner listed on the National Registry.
To become a Certified Medical Examiner Dr. Prenatt had to be,
- licensed, certified, or registered in accordance with South Carolina laws and regulations to perform physical examinations
- complete required training
- pass the Medical Examiner certification test
- submit to periodic monitoring and audits
- maintain certification by completely periodic training every five years and recertify by passing the ME certification exam every 10 years
Dr. Prenatt practices at CPG Family Medicine at Towne Centre, which is owned by Conway Medical Center and located at 4999 Carolina Forest Blvd Suite 9 in Myrtle Beach. He received his medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine and then completed his residency at The Medical Center of Beaver in Beaver, PA. He is Board Certified in Family Practice.
For more information or to set up an appointment call 843-236-2700.