posted on July 23, 2014 11:21
CONWAY, SC– Conway Medical Center’s (CMC) Center for Breast Health has been recognized as a Certified Quality Breast Center in the National Quality Measure for Breast Center Program™. This distinguished honor represents a commitment by CMC’s Center for Breast Health to provide the highest level of quality breast health care to patients in the community.
CMC’s Center for Breast Health remains committed to patient-centered care. Some examples are:
· A certified Breast Health Navigator who guides each patient from initial detection of abnormality through diagnosis, treatment planning and all phases of survivorship.
· A modern, progressive imaging department staffed by qualified professionals including nationally registered and state certified technologist, board-certified radiologists and compassionate, caring support staff.
· An accredited facility in Mammography and Ultrasound by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
· Offers a Breast Cancer Support Group open to area breast cancer survivors held monthly.
· A member of the National Consortium of Breast Centers (NCBC).
· A partner in the Coastal Cancer Collaborative, a group that builds partnerships to improve cancer education, awareness, and advocacy in Horry and surrounding counties.
Measuring and comparing quality performance is essential in assessing patient care and allocating resources where improvement is desired. CMC’s Center for Breast Health has taken a major step to ensure we provide the best possible quality care to breast patients in the communities we serve. The National Quality Measures for Breast Centers (NQMBC) were developed by referencing the Health Care Advisory Board’s Clinical Quality Dash Board for breast centers published in the fall of 2004. NQMBC reflects more than five years of work, which has culminated in the adoption of more than 33 National Quality Indicators.
For more information on the Breast Health Center and it’s services contact Amy Thorn, LMSW, CBPN-IC at 843-234-7309.