When you first find out you have diabetes, or are borderline diabetic, you are likely to have many questions about the best way to manage this disease and stay healthy. Conway Medical Center offers a Diabetic Self-Management Training (DSMT) program. DSMT is designed to help people, just like you, make better lifestyle choices to manage their disease and prevent complications.
Services provided by the program include:
- Individual assessment and one-on-one consultation with a Diabetes Nurse Educator
- Group classes taught by a Diabetes Nurse Educator
- Monthly Diabetic Support Group
Diabetes Support Group 2013 Schedule
- April 22, 6 p.m.- Diabetic Footwear and Footcare, presented by Mike Bishop from Med Xpress
- May 27, 6 p.m.- Memorial Day-NO Meeting!
- June 24, 6 p.m.- Dealing with Diabetic Neuropathy, presented by Carol Wood, RN
- July 22, 6 p.m.- Sleep Apnea and the Diabetic, presented by Lolita Gibson, RPSGT from CMC Sleep Center
- August 26, 6 p.m.- Diabeties and Kidney Disease, presented by Adam Gedney, PA
- September 23, 6 p.m.- Diabetic Meal Planning/Portion Control, presented by Ann Mesaros, MA, RD, LD, CDE
- October 28, 6 p.m.- Wound Healing and the Diabetic, Sue Rudnicki, program director for Center for Wound Healing
- November 25, 6 p.m.- Topic TBD, presented by Dr. Werter, Coastal Podiatry Associates
- December 23- NO MEETING! Happy Holidays!
All support group meetings are held in the
CMC Nursing Education Classroom.
Enter CMC at the visitor entrance to visitor lobby. From lobby take elevator to second floor. Exit elevator to your right. You will see double doors (Education Center) and a carpeted hallway. Go down the hall to the first door on the left.
To schedule an appointment, contact:
Shani Moore, RN, BSN, CDE
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.