Diabetes Support Group – June 24
June 24 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
When you first find out you have diabetes, or are borderline diabetic, you are likely to have many questions about the best way to manage this disease and stay healthy. Conway Medical Center offers a Diabetic Support Group that meets once a month to help people, just like you, make better lifestyle choices to manage their disease and prevent complications.
- June 24- Stress Management, presented by Melanie Dunham, SC Vocational Rehab Department
- July 22- Diabetes and Kidney Health, presented by Rachel Gasque, APRN, Coastal Kidney Center
- August 26- Diabetes and Exercise – presented by Terri Winterhalter, RN, CMC Cardiac Rehabilitation
- September 23- Managing the Emotional Tolls of Diabetes, presented by Pat Douglas, CMC Staff Chaplain
- October 28- Holiday Cooking Demonstration, presented by CMC dietitians in the CMC Administrative Service Building auditorium. REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- November 25- Stroke Prevention and Recognition, presented by Jayne Register, RN, CMC Stroke Coordinator
- December 26- Happy Holidays-No Meeting!
Registration is required. Seating is limited. Please call 843.347.8068 to reserve your space or register below.
All support group meetings are held in the Rehabilitation Services Building in Classrooms B and C unless otherwise noted.
(The Rehabilitation Services Building is located directly across from the CMC Emergency Department
in the former Wellness & Fitness Center at 2369 Cypress Circle, Conway.)
To schedule an appointment, contact:
Janie Smith, RN
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
During the holidays, Conway Medical Center wants to give a helping hand to those with diabetes in making better lifestyle choices. Our Diabetic Self-Management Training (DSMT) program will hold a Holiday Cooking Demonstration on October 22, 2018. CMC dietitians will demonstrate how to cook a holiday appetizers using healthy recipes for those living with diabetes to learn how to make healthy decisions and prevent complications from diabetes.
Diabetes Support Group Registration
- CMC Rehabilitation Services Building- Conference Rooms B & C
2369 Cypress Circle
Conway, SC 29526 United States + Google Map