Drug Free Workplace
Conway Medical Center takes seriously the obligation to institute measures to help protect our patients, their families, visitors, volunteers and our employee partners. The CMC drug free workplace program is one such component that contributes to that effort. There are several layers to the program, but some of the primary parts are:
- CMC completes a very comprehensive post offer pre-employment drug screen on all final applicants.
- Any detectable amount of illegal drugs or legal prescription narcotics for which an individual doesn’t have a prescription for is considered a “positive” drug test result.
- CMC completes monthly random drug screenings on current employee partners, volunteers, contractors and students.
- Drug or alcohol related arrests and/or convictions are required to be communicated to CMC.
- Marijuana isn’t legal in the State of South Carolina in any format at this time.