At Conway Medical Center, we know that the health of our employees as just as important as the health of our patients. To help you be happy and healthy, we have developed a robust wellness program to help you stay on track and reap some extra benefits in the process.
CMC Wellness Program
The CMC Wellness Program is an integrated comprehensive health and wellness plan designed to help our team live happier, healthier lives.
Employees who complete the program by November 30, 2023 earn $150.
Program opens January 1, 2023.
Current employees: Must join by March 31, 2023
New Hires: After March 31, may join through September 30, 2023.
Six Easy Steps
To complete our wellness program, all it takes is six easy steps.
- Complete annual wellness lab. The form will be emailed to you when you sign up.
- Schedule and complete a wellness consultation with CMC wellness staff.
- Attend two health education sessions. Sessions will be recorded and made available for those unable to attend the live events. The calendar of events can be found on the CMC Intranet.
- Attend one CMC Health Expo
- Participate in one CMC approved community event.
Eight Dimensions of Wellness
- Physical Wellness centers around common health and fitness endeavors, including physical activity, proper nutrition, and other pursuits that support bodily health.
- Emotional Wellness focuses on the ability to acknowledge and properly express feelings including validating and managing emotions constructively. Focusing on positivity, self-care, and opening up to a friend or counselor about one’s feelings can help support emotional wellness.
- Intellectual Wellness encourages one to explore new concepts, enhance skills, and apply new ways of thinking to current challenges. Reading, exercising, and challenging the mind through continuous learning is beneficial for this wellness dimension.
- Spiritual wellness involves seeking purpose and meaning in one’s life. Spiritual wellness encompasses activities such as meditating, reflecting, praying, or spending time in nature.
- Environmental wellness includes consideration of the individual impact a person can have on the environment. Conserving natural resources, being mindful of consumption, workspace organization, and recycling are positive examples of supporting this dimension.
- Social wellness focuses on establishing beneficial connections with friend and family and support harmony within these relationships. Spending time with loved ones or joining a community group is advantageous for social wellness.
- Occupational wellness encourages fulfillment in the workplace while also balancing other life responsibilities. Working toward a job or enhancing skills through additional training can help achieve occupational wellness.
- Financial wellness encompasses the knowledge and skills of financial planning and managing expenses in a way that gives you a peace of mind. It includes understanding emotions as they relate to money.
CMC Wellness Center
Open 7 Days a Week, 5am-10pm
All CMC Team Members can utilize the wellness center as a complimentary benefit of being an employee of Conway Medical Center. All CMC Team Members must sign the liability and waiver form to gain access to the wellness center. Significant others of CMC Team Members are allowed to use the CMC Wellness Center as well and must sign the liability and waiver form to gain access. The CMC Team Member must accompany their significant other throughout the duration of their workout. During the hours of 5am-5pm, all team members can enter through the front entrance of the rehab services building. After 5pm, all team members must enter through the small door entrance to the left of the main entrance & scan their badge to gain access.
To start using this great space, team members simply need to complete the CMC Wellness Center Usage Agreement
Please send completed CMC Wellness Agreement to HR_Forms@CMC-SC.com.
Legal Information Applicable to You
- CMC seeks to follow regulations and rules that might be associated with offering a Wellness Program:
- ADA & HIPAA nondiscrimination – CMC believes the components of the plan have a reasonable chance of promoting health or preventing disease, but aren’t overly burdensome, are voluntary with intent for participants to understand what medical information will be obtained and for what purpose and who will see it. It is the intent to reasonably accommodate employees who need it to access the program.
- GINA – CMC won’t require or reward the submission of family medical history information and will maintain confidential medical records & follow strict limits as it relates to non-disclosure of genetic information.
- HIPAA Privacy and Security- CMC won’t negatively discriminate in health coverage based on a health factor as it relates to eligibility.
- Title VII & Age-CMC will avoid taking into consideration race, religion, sex, color, age, or national origin as it pertains to program rewards.
- Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity ACT (MHPAEA) requires equal footing for surgical/medical and mental health/substance abuse treatments.