At Conway Medical Center, we know that the health of our employees as just as important as the health of our patients. To help you be happy and healthy, we have developed a robust wellness program to help you stay on track and reap some extra benefits in the process.
The Passport to Wellness
The CMC Passport to Wellness Program provides encouragement for CMC employees to complete certain wellness activities throughout the calendar year. Wellness points are earned and at the end of the year those points may convert to dollars in your pocket at a rate of one dollar for every two wellness points accumulated. Signing up and getting started is easy!
Step #1 – Start your journey by submitting this Passport to Wellness Participation Form. As long as you actively earned and submitted points during the previous calendar year you won’t need to sign up again for the next year, you will be automatically re-enrolled.
Step #2: Start completing wellness activities throughout the calendar year. See the list of required and optional activities below.
Each one of these REQUIRED activities is worth 50 points! There are potentially six (6) wellness activities that are specifically required to be completed during the calendar year, some of which are based on age and gender. This means to earn any conversion of wellness points to dollars these items must be completed (as may be specifically applicable to you).
- Annual Free Comprehensive Lab Work (50 points) – If you are newly signing up for the program or are auto re-enrolled (see step #1 above) the Wellness Coordinator will send out to you a CMC lab order for your free CMC lab screening. Information about location, days, and draw times will be included on the lab order that you may use at any time throughout the year.
- CMC Lab work meeting with Employee Health after results are returned (50 points) – Once the results of your CMC lab screening (see item #1 above) will be confidentially returned to the CMC Employee Health office it will be reviewed by a program representative who will coordinate a meeting with you to talk about areas you are doing well in and how you can keep up the good effort as well as areas where there might be an opportunity to identify ways to improve. We promise the meeting will be confidential, non-judgmental, and not pushy; we just want to make sure you know where you stand!
- Annual Physical/Wellness Exam with a Primary Care Provider (50 points) – Call CMC Central Scheduling at 843-347-8000 to get an appointment with a CMC Primary Care provider located near your home or work location. If you already have a provider that you see regularly you can schedule your annual exam. When done be sure to get a “providers note” or other proof of visit to place with your Passport.
- Annual Gynecological Exam with Pap smear if recommended by the provider for females (50 points) – Call a CMC scheduler 843-347-7216 to get an appointment with a CMC Women’s Health provider. If you already have a provider that you see regularly, you can schedule your annual exam. When done be sure to get a “providers note” or other proof of visit to place with your Passport.
- Annual Mammogram at age 45 to 54 and then every other year for age 55 and older (50 points) – Call a CMC scheduler at 843-347-7216 to get an appointment for a mammogram at the CMC Outpatient Imaging Center or complete at another location. No referral is needed from a Primary Care provider. When done be sure to get a “providers note” or other proof of test completed to place with your Passport.
- Prostate-Specific Antigen Test (PSA) for males age 45 and older every other year, or annually if recommended by Provider (50 points) – Your Primary Care Provider can conduct or order/refer the test at your annual exam (see item #3 above) or call CMC Central Scheduling at 843-347-8000 to get an appointment with a CMC Primary Care provider located near your home or work location. When done be sure to get a “providers note” or other proof of test completed to place with your Passport.
The previous section included six REQUIRED Items that are completed to earn any wellness points conversion to dollars. This next section includes OPTIONAL items. You may choose as many as you would like in order to earn more points for your Passport.
- Colonoscopy or Colorectal Cancer Screening at least every 10 years unless recommended more frequently by your provider (50 points) – Call a CMC Central Scheduling at 843-347-8000 to get an appointment with a CMC Digestive Health provider who would provide the referral for a Colonoscopy. If you already have a provider that you see you can schedule your Colonoscopy through them. You can also consult with your Primary Care provider at your required annual exam (see required activity #3). When done be sure to get a “providers note” or other proof of exam to place with your Passport.
- Vascular screening ultrasound at age 50 and then every 5 years or as provider recommends if a history of diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, stroke, family history for heart disease, tobacco user (50 points) – Ask your Primary Care provider at your annual exam (see required activity #3) about a potential referral for this screening. When done be sure to get a “providers note” or other proof of completion to place with your Passport.
- Annual Dental Cleaning and Exam (20 points) – The American Dental Association recommends two dental cleaning/exams per year. Complete a visit to the Dentist for a regular cleaning and exam to earn points (max of 20 points per year for this item). When done be sure to get a “providers note” or other proof of exam to place with your Passport.
- Completed a CMC Tobacco Cessation Course (50 points) – Call the CMC Cardiac Rehab Office at 843-234-7401 to find out when the next free Freedom From Smoking session starts. If a CMC session isn’t slated to begin near your desired start date, then you may attend another American Heart Association officially sanctioned instructor lead class in the community. When done be sure to get a completion certificate showing you successfully completed the attendance and other criteria for the course.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) score of less than 30 or a 2 point reduction from the previous year (100 points) – You will be offered an opportunity to measure BMI during your CMC Lab work meeting with a program representative after lab results have been returned (see required activity #2). It’s very quick and easy. You can also have a Provider sign and certify your BMI scores and attach that record to your Passport.
- Attend CMC on site Yoga or Other Sponsored Physical Activity Class a minimum of 12 sessions in any three month period during the calendar year (30 points with a max of 30 points per year) – CMC sponsors and hosts on the main Conway campus low or no cost physical activity classes during the year from time-to-time. The CMC class instructor will provide you a certificate after each session to place with your passport. If CMC doesn’t offer classes during a particular time period due to unforeseen circumstances, there is no substitution of a class provided outside of CMC. This item would then become nonapplicable for a period of time.
- Lunch-and-Learn Educational Workshop – Bank of America General Financial Wellness (30 points with a max of 30 points per year for this topic) – CMC partners with Bank of America to provide specific benefits and financial educational offerings to CMC employees. CMC will host in person on the main campus as well as from time-to-time virtually a 30-minute lunch session. A certificate of attendance will be provided to you at the end of the session to place with your passport. Watch for emails going out to all CMC staff as well as postings on this site for dates and times of upcoming sessions.
- Lunch-and-Learn Educational Workshop – Financial Readiness for Retirement with Lincoln Financial Group (30 points with a max of 30 points per year for this topic) – CMC partners with Lincoln Financial Group as the CMC provider of retirement savings services for our team. Our LFG representative, Scott Chassereau, will host group lunch sessions on the main campus in person and virtually and 1:1 meetings in person upon request. A certificate of completion will be provided to you at the end of the session (or soon thereafter if attended virtually) to place with your passport. Watch for emails going out to all CMC staff as well as postings on this site for dates and times of upcoming sessions.
- Lunch-and-Learn – Healthy Eating Choices and Portion Control (30 pointswith a max of 30 points per year for this topic) – CMC partners with the CMC Dietary Team to host group lunch sessions on the main campus in person and virtually and 1:1 meetings upon request. Please note that it is recommended that individuals plan to attend the group sessions since 1:1 sessions are limited only to staff who do not work near the CMC main campus and is highly subject to availability of Dietary staff who may need to prioritize serving CMC patients first in particular time periods. A certificate of completion will be provided to you at the end of the session to place with your passport. Watch for emails going out to all CMC staff as well as postings on this site for dates and times of upcoming sessions.
- Lunch-and-Learn – Stress Management Related Education Session (30 pointswith a max of 30 points per year for this topic) – CMC partners with area providers to offer coaching and strategies to cope with stress and how to unwind in this ever-challenging environment we work and live in. CMC will host in-person and virtually on the main campus 30-minute lunch sessions. A certificate of completion will be provided to you at the end of the session to place with your passport. Watch for emails going out to all CMC staff as well as postings on this site for dates and times of upcoming sessions.
- Online course completion – “Better Money Habits” (20 pointswith a max of 20 points per year for this topic) – CMC partners with Bank of America who through the Kahn Academy offers award winning on-line education sessions. You can access the “Better Money Habits” module by clicking bettermoneyhabits.com
How to Access “Better Money Habits”
A. Click on one of the subjects (grey tabs) at the top: “Credit”, “Debt”, “Savings and Budgeting ”, “Home Ownership”, “Auto”, “Retirement”, “College” , “Privacy and Security”, “Personal Banking” and “Taxes and Income”.B. Each subject has several categories and modules. As you click through the content check marks will appear in boxes.
C. After having worked through the content, print the screen, sign and date the copy and place with your passport as proof of completion. It should look something like this:
D. Don’t have a printer? Take a cell phone pic of the screen and send it to your CMC work email address or a friend who can print for you.
How do I actually get dollars in my pocket?
- It’s simple. Earn points by completing the activities above.
- You can get one dollar for every two points earned.
- Be sure you complete all the applicable items from the list of six (6) in the required There is no points conversion to dollars for any activities unless all the applicable required items are completed.
- Fill out your Passport throughout the year to keep track of your points which is available here.
- Be sure to have documentation/proof to show you completed each activity. Proof is generally in the form of a Provider’s note like they would give to show you were at an appointment at the office to work or school. Could also be a portion of a medical record, a medical bill or other specific proof. Keep those items with your passport throughout the year.
- There are two ways to get paid. Be sure and check off your choice on the Passport or it will automatically default to the “check” option.
- Turn in your Passport and accompanying documentation to the Wellness Program in the month of December at the end of each year. Specific submission information is included on the Passport. Download your Passport Today!
My Provider says I can’t do some of these items because it would be unsafe and not medically recommended for me specifically?
Obtain a written statement from your provider indicating the restrictive details and reasons for exclusion. Call 843-347-8175 to schedule to confidentially meet with a program representative to work with you to determine a reasonable accommodation if possible.
Legal Information Applicable to You
- CMC seeks to follow regulations and rules that might be associated with offering a Wellness Program:
- ADA & HIPAA nondiscrimination – CMC believes the components of the plan have a reasonable chance of promoting health or preventing disease, but aren’t overly burdensome, are voluntary with intent for participants to understand what medical information will be obtained and for what purpose and who will see it. It is the intent to reasonably accommodate employees who need it to access the program.
- GINA – CMC won’t require or reward the submission of family medical history information and will maintain confidential medical records & follow strict limits as it relates to non-disclosure of genetic information.
- HIPAA Privacy and Security- CMC won’t negatively discriminate in health coverage based on a health factor as it relates to eligibility.
- Title VII & Age-CMC will avoid taking into consideration race, religion, sex, color, age, or national origin as it pertains to program rewards.
- Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity ACT (MHPAEA) requires equal footing for surgical/medical and mental health/substance abuse treatments.