Conway Medical Center was the first hospital in South Carolina to begin administering the COVID-19 vaccine. We will continue to lead the way in vaccinating and safeguarding our community.
Cancel my vaccine appointment
Risks vs. Benefits
Understanding the risks and benefits of the COVID-19 vaccine can help you decide what is best for you and your family. Conway Medical Center recommends that all of our community members receive the vaccine when it becomes available to you.
- The vaccination may cause mild side effects including pain, redness or swelling where the shot was given, fever, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, chills or joint pain.
- The vaccine may not be recommended if you have certain health conditions so talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
- Significant reactions to the vaccine happen but are rare. You will be monitored on-site after you receive the vaccine for any allergic reactions.
- Getting the vaccine may help keep you from getting seriously ill and help you fight of the COVID-19 virus if you get it.
- The vaccine creates an immune system response known as antibodies, which safely helps you build up protection against the virus.
- The vaccine along with masking and social distancing are the strongest tools available to you to protect yourself and those most important to you.