Breastfeeding Class – April 15, 2023
April 15, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Breastfeeding classes are a great way to learn and prepare to breastfeed your newborn. This class gives first-time moms, as well as current moms an opportunity to ask questions and voice concerns regarding breastfeeding.
Each breastfeeding class we will discuss:
- Breastfeeding basics: benefits, making breast milk (transitions, production cycle, etc.), and special situations
- Latching on/positioning (what effective and ineffective latch looks like and feeding in the first weeks
- Feedings: when, hunger signs, feeding guidelines, tummy size, and feeding a sleepy baby
- How much is enough, satiety signs, and when to call your doctor
- Breast care (engorgement, nipple care, etc.)
- Breastfeeding lifestyle: taking care of yourself, returning to work, expressing milk, milk storage guidelines, and where to find support
Due to COVID-19, space is limited, and social distancing will be enforced. Masking will be enforced in compliance with SC DHEC guidelines that require that masks always be worn in healthcare facilities.
Registration is required
Breastfeeding classes are held from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on scheduled dates. The class is FREE for expecting mothers.
This class will be held in the Administrative Services Building auditorium. It is a 3-story building located on the left side of the hospital. The auditorium is located on the first floor. (Please note: The front doors of this building will be locked. Please enter through a side entrance that goes directly into the auditorium. This entrance is located on the right side of the building which faces the hospital.)
Reserve your spot today!
- April 15, 2023
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Breastfeeding Classes
- Laura Baisch
- Conway Medical Center: Administrative Service Building Auditorium
- 280 Singleton Ridge Road
Conway,SC29526United States+ Google Map