Professional Development and Education Opportunities
We are dedicated to the growth and development of our employee partners and we offer a number of different beneficial tracks and educational opportunities to maintain and expand upon your skills.
- No cost, on-site BLS, ACLS, PALS, and NRP.
- Department and Position specific competency education to help meet the trends and needs of the area.
- Low Volume High Risk Areas of staff competency.
- Other engaging opportunities that span from excellence in customer experience to environment of safety. We are lifelong learners!
- Nursing Clinical Ladder – CMC rewards nurses who demonstrate exemplary practice and involvement in CMC internal operations, the community, and excel in commitment. It is an opportunity to climb the nursing clinical ladder, earning higher compensation as you go forward, while embracing our CMC core values and mission.
At CMC, we value the attainment of a higher education. Higher education feeds a higher level of critical thinking skills and increases in the quality of service and care we provide as we pursue the mission of improving the overall health of our communities. We offer multiple types of education assistance to our employee partners.
Scholarships – The CMC Foundation offers a scholarship program awarding many thousands of dollars annually for CMC employee partners and recruits pursuing higher education in a healthcare course of study.
Education Expense Reimbursement – CMC offers education expense reimbursement awarding thousands annually for CMC employee partners and recruits pursuing higher education in a healthcare course of study.
Certification/Credential Obtainment – CMC identifies target areas of certification to provide financial assistance for obtainment. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Nursing Assistant Certification
- Medical Assistant Certification
- Rehab Hand Therapy Certification
- RCIS Cath Lab
- Certified Coder
CBLS, ACLS, PALS and NALS – The CMC education department provides certification and recertification course instruction with experienced CMC instructors on-site.
Conway Medical Center has long standing agreements with many higher education institutions to host clinical rotations in a multitude of healthcare fields.
Horry Georgetown Technical College (HGTC) – CMC hosts clinical rotations from most healthcare courses of study at HGTC.
Williamsburg Technical College – CMC hosts RN rotations from WTC.
Florence Darlington Technical College – CMC hosts job placement and rotation requests from FDTC.
Coastal Carolina University – As an employer in residence with CCU, CMC hosts rotations, internships, and other CCU student opportunities.
Clemson University – CMC hosts clinical rotations from a number of healthcare courses of study at Clemson University.
University of South Carolina – CMC hosts clinical rotations from a number of healthcare courses of study at USC.
Medical University of South Carolina – CMC hosts clinical rotations from a number of healthcare courses of study at MUSC.
Francis Marion University – CMC hosts clinical rotations from a number of healthcare courses of study at FMU.
Campbell University – CMC hosts Campbell University third and fourth year Medical Students as well as Medical Residents.
Other universities, colleges, and schools – Explore students programs