Weight loss is more than losing pounds
Obesity is a chronic disorder that can lead to other health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and obstructive sleep apnea. Because obesity can affect many organs, it may be difficult to treat. When other medically supervised methods of weight loss have failed, weight loss surgery can be an effective way to lose weight and maintain that weight loss.
At Conway Medical Center, we understand the challenges obesity causes. That’s why we created a program to help people with severe obesity overcome their problems due to extra pounds. If you are 100 pounds or more over your ideal weight or have a Body Mass Index (BMI) over 40, weight loss surgery may be the best solution for you.
Take our FREE online seminar!
Your weight loss journey begins here.
How do I get started?
All potential patients are asked to watch the online weight loss seminar above before setting an appointment. During the seminar Dr. Nuwayhid will discuss all the things that you will need to know to make informed decisions about your path towards weight loss. He’ll also explain the specialized care he gives patients and the support provided during your weight loss journey.
After you watch the seminar there are a serious of forms you will fill out online that will prompt the scheduling of your first appointment. Get a jump start on your first appointment by completing the Insurance Coverage Patient Form that you will either submit online or print and bring with you to your first appointment.
Why Choose Us
At the Conway Medical Center, we understand that weight loss is a complicated issue, and it requires a supportive community to make lasting changes. And, we believe it is never too late to take control. We know you have options when choosing a surgeon and hospital for your weight loss surgery. We believe our program is a great choice because CMC Weight Loss at Conway Medical Center has received the following recognitions:
- MBSAQIP – The Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program
- Blue Distinction Centers – Designated member, Blue Distinction Centers for Bariatric Surgery® Program (BDC)
- AETNA IOQ – Designated Institute of Quality by Aetna Institutes of Quality® (IOQ) Bariatric Program
These organizations have a strict set of standards that must be met before a hospital can receive these distinct seals of approval. Their rigorous review process helps ensure hospitals have all components in place to produce the best outcomes for patients. This includes:
- Staff specially trained to treat morbidly-obese patients, including the surgeon, nurses, radiologists, anesthesiologists, and nutritionists.
- Specialized equipment and accommodations (such as patient rooms with enlarged doorways and bathrooms) that help provide a safe and comfortable hospital stay.
- Most importantly, patient experiences and outcomes are evaluated and must also meet a high standard.
- Our accreditation and additional designations reflect our commitment and ability to provide high-quality bariatric care.
CMC Weight Loss specializes in weight loss surgery as well as gallbladder and anti-reflux surgery.