Diversity and Inclusion
At Conway Medical Center, diversity and inclusion isn’t the topic of the year or a destination to arrive at. It’s an ongoing and comprehensive focus to welcome members to the Conway Medical Center team which reflect the image of our patients, their families, and all others associated with CMC in this diverse community that we work and live in.
It’s a well-known fact that all across the country many job sectors within healthcare don’t reflect the diversity we desire and need. To start with, CMC has two important requirements that applicants must first meet:
- Applicants must have in their heart the desire to help CMC meet our not-for-profit mission of improving the overall health of our communities without qualification. Every position at CMC has that very same mission. It’s a team.
- Applicants must be willing to embrace the CMC Core Values.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion by fostering a culture that values differences and similarities in people. How do we do that?
- Empower a diverse workforce – The Grand Strand region is well known as a melting pot which welcomes people from all over the world. CMC is committed to recruit, develop, promote and retain a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Education – CMC provides intentional and focused, culturally competent education to all our team members.
- Greater equality in care – CMC takes measures with intention to eliminate racial and ethnic disparities in care provided to our patients and families. As a not-for-profit system, we take pride in an ever expanding service umbrella across our communities.
- Drive community collaborations – For almost 100 years CMC has engaged in relationship building across the region. CMC continues to support and build capacity in the communities we serve.
- Value and engage partners – CMC encourages and rewards companies owned and operated by underrepresented members such as women, veterans, people of color, and individuals with disabilities by offering equal opportunities to work with our organization.
Why does diversity and inclusion matter to CMC?
- It breeds a more innovative, creative and engaged workforce which in turn helps to provide better healthcare outcomes for those we serve.
- Disparities in healthcare are proven to limit the quality service delivered. Our patients deserve the highest quality of care we can provide.
- CMC is one of the largest employers in the region. A diverse and inclusive workforce enhances the overall intellectual, emotional, economic, moral and spiritual level of our communities.
- Because it’s the right way to operate. It’s the right thing to do. We do so because we feel passionate about and compelled to honor our Core Values.