Are you interested in applying for the CMC Family Medicine Residency Program? Below is a full list of eligibility requirements.
- Applicant must be eligible to acquire a South Carolina License
- A criminal background check must be completed prior to the start of residency.
- Must complete and pass USMLE Step1 AND USMLE Step 2 CK/CS prior to start of residency
- Must complete and pass COMLEX Level 1/COMLEX Level 2 PE and CE prior to start of residency.
- No failed attempts on any portion of USMLE or COMLEX examinations
- Graduation from Medical School within the last 2 years
- All applicants must apply for residency via the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS), and have completed application to be considered
- We do not sponsor Visas
Current students or graduates of medical school who have taken longer than four years to complete medical school or have any failed attempts on any portion of the USMLE or COMLEX examinations will be considered on an individual basis by the program director. We will not be able to offer an interview to those with more than 2 failures of any portion of USMLE or COMLEX examinations.
The deadline for application submission is December 1. Interviews will occur between October and January. We only participate in NRMP match and abide by all NRMP policies. Matched applicants must be available to begin orientation in June, and Residency begins July 1.