Whether you were hurt on the job, performing a fun DIY project at home, or simply playing with your children or grandchildren, our occupational therapy team is here to help. Our certified therapists can help you achieve independence in all facets of your life.
Our customized program includes treatments aimed at improving your abilities to carry out the activities of daily living, comprehensive evaluation of home and job environments and recommendations on necessary adaptation and guidance for your family or caregivers.
If you or someone you love could benefit from occupational therapy, talk to your primary care provider today about obtaining a referral to our excellent program.
Don’t have a primary care provider? Click here to see a comprehensive list of CMC providers.
Our team of certified hand therapists treats a wide variety of conditions affecting the hands and upper extremity.
Services & common diagnoses include, but not limited to:
- Tendinitis & sprains of the upper extremity, including tennis elbow
- Repetitive strain injuries, including carpal tunnel syndrome
- Rheumatoid & osteoarthritis
- Fractures & dislocations of the upper extremity
- Burns & wound care
- Traumatic crush & tendon injuries
- Modalities for pain management of the upper extremity
- Custom orthotic fabrication
- Stroke recovery
- Adaptive equipment recommendations to promote and facilitate functional independence
A certified hand therapist is either an occupational therapist or a physical therapist with at least three years of experience in addition to at least 4,000 hours in direct practice of physical therapy which includes rehab of the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder. In addition to that, it involves passing a comprehensive exam of clinical skills, theory, and basic science involving the entire upper extremity.
Check out this series of videos featuring certified hand therapist, Aaron Hardee to learn more about what hand therapy can do for you.