posted on October 16, 2017 16:52
November 2017 Events
(All classes and events are held at Conway Medical Center unless noted otherwise)
- AARP Smart Driver – November 8, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Conway Medical Center has joined with the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) to offer a Smart Driver course. This four-hour refresher course, taught in one four-hour class, is designed especially to meet the needs of drivers 50 years of age or older. Held at CMC Administrative Services Building auditorium. Cost is $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members. To register call 843-347-8108.
- BirthPlace Tours are held every Sunday at 2 p.m. and are conducted by dedicated staff. Registration is requested if at all possible. Your family is welcome to attend with you and see firsthand what we have to offer! Contact Number- 843-347-8108
Breastfeeding Classes – November 7, 7-9 p.m. All classes are held monthly in the private dining room in the CMC Café and are free of charge. Taught by a registered nurse who is also a Lactation Consultant, classes are open to those expecting as well as those who have already delivered their baby. Babies and a partner are welcome to attend! Contact Number- 843-347-8108
Breast Cancer Support Group – November 14, 5:30 p.m. held at CMC Outpatient Diagnostic Center, 801 Farrar Dr. Contact Number- 843-234-7309
- Childbirth Class- November 18, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Conway Medical Center holds childbirth classes every month on specific Saturdays. You should begin your childbirth classes during your 7th or 8th month of pregnancy. Class content will include anatomy/physiology, stages of labor, pain management, breathing/relaxation techniques, postpartum care, breastfeeding, and newborn topics. Contact Number- 843-347-8108
- CMC Auxiliary Rada Cutlery Sale- November 9-10, 7 a.m.-4 p.m Rada Cutlery products are used in millions of homes every day and they are dedicated to providing consumers with the best value of kitchen knives for their dollar. Rada Cutlery products are 100% American Made. A wide variety of cutlery, utensils, and other kitchen products will be available during this sale. Located in Private Dining Room #2 at CMC. Contact number 843-234-5469
- CMC Auxiliary Baked Goods Sale- November 21, 7 a.m.-2 p.m. or until all items sold Located in the Conway Medical Center main lobby. Contact number 843-234-5469
- Diabetes Support Group- November 27, 6 p.m. Diabetes and Foot Care, presented by Dr. William Parker, DPM, Coastal Podiatry Associates. Held in Rehabilitation Services Building in Classrooms B and C. Contact Number 843-347-8013
Free A1C Finger Stick Test- November 14, 6:30 a.m.- 8:30 a.m. (Limited to the first 60 people) In recognition of National Diabetes Awareness Month, CMC is offering a free A1C Finger Stick Test to help those in our community better manage their health to prevent any complications diabetes may cause and to improve their overall health. Held in the CMC Rehabilitation Services Building Classrooms B & C. Registration is required. Please call 843-347-8013 to register.
Joint Replacement Seminar – November 1, 12 p.m. Join us for a free seminar on the latest advances in joint replacement including the anterior approach to hip replacement. Fellowship trained surgeons will discuss treatment options as well as answer any questions you may have. A complimentary lunch will be served. Presented by Dr. Tyler Noble at CMC Auditorium. Contact Number- 843-347-8108