Older, Wiser, Healthier
The longer you live, the more beautiful life becomes. Conway Medical Center understands that as your body ages, it changes. We want you to remain as physically and mentally active as possible so that you can continue to enjoy the finer things of life. Our health care team is ready to help you work through the unique health challenges that can accompany aging.
What is geriatric care?
Geriatric care is specialized medicine that focuses on the overall care of our older generations. At CMC, the care we provide our patients age 65 and older focuses on their day to day health care needs, providing primary care and preventive services, as well as specialty medical options for more complex care needs.
You age in your own unique way and your medical care becomes more complex as you get older. We provide the expertise to make navigating the changes of your aging body a little easier.
Benefits of geriatric care
There are many benefits to establishing a relationship with a primary care provider who understands the health of older adults.
- We understand how medical conditions interact with aging bodies and multiple medications.
- We stay informed by the latest research on aging
- We are invested in helping you maintain your quality of life based on your daily needs, activities, and abilities.
- We help coordinate your care with other specialists that play a role in your health.
- We help you create goals and a care plan for your continued care that anticipates your future needs.
Our goal is to keep our aging patients healthy, active, independent and enjoying the benefits of a long full life. We don’t just care for you, we care about you.
Our locations are spread throughout Horry County and beyond, so no matter where you live, there is a CMC Primary Care office near you.
Expert Care at Your Fingertips
As a patient of CMC Primary Care, you have access to a variety of specialty services ranging from Digestive Health to Orthopedics to our Duke Health affiliated Oncology and Cardiology programs. Our highly rated primary care providers work with our board-certified specialty providers to ensure you get the care that is best for you.