While in our care at CMC, a hospitalist will help oversee your medical needs. Hospitalists specialize in caring for complicated patient conditions and coordinating complex care. Having this expert care at your service 24/7 provides an optimal healing environment while you are entrusted to our care.
Your hospitalists know every specialist and department in the hospital and will coordinate with the services needed to advance your healing. They will assist you through a smooth and speedy recovery process by following up on tests and adjusting your treatment regimen throughout the day based on those test results and your changing condition.
What is a Hospitalist?
Questions to Ask Your Hospitalist
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the goals for today and for my hospital stay?
- Who decides when I am well enough to go home?
- Do you think I’ll need additional help when I’m discharged?
- I don’t have a primary care provider. Can you refer me to one?