Don’t let pain control you! CMC will help you control your pain.
Pain is a complex condition and can prevent you from doing the things you love. When you’re in pain, it’s hard to work, play or even sleep. At CMC we know the toll that pain can take on your life and we’re here to help.
Our expert teams specialize in helping people with long-lasting, severe pain that doesn’t respond to over-the-counter medicines or home remedies. Our goal is to help you manage your pain effectively so that you can participate in your normal daily activities, get a good night’s sleep and live your best quality of life.
No pain is the same,
we have options
CMC Pain Management
At CMC Pain Management in Myrtle Beach, Dr. Farayi Mbuvah works with his patients to find the root causes of their pain. With extensive experience in internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, and pain medicine, Dr. Mbhuvah provides exceptional pain management care for patients suffering from fibromyalgia, cancer pain, back pain, neuropathy, and more. He delivers a number of treatments, including epidural injections, nerve blocks, radiofrequency ablation, and regenerative medicine.
But that’s not all! Dr. Mbuvah has been helping patients along the Grand Strand for years get a grasp on their opioid usage and battle their addictions. He offers a variety of treatments to help you get your life back.
- Occipital nerve blocks/radiofrequency ablation
- Trigeminal nerve blocks
- Trigger point injections
- Supraorbital/Supratrochlear nerve blocks/radiofrequency ablations
- Botox for chronic migraines & Lidocaine/Ketamine infusions for neuropathic pain
- Cervical, thoracic & lumbar nerve medial branch blocks/radiofrequency ablations
- Cervical/thoracic/lumbar epidural steroid injections
- Stellate, splanchnic, celiac, superior hypogastric & lumbar plexus, & ganglion impar sympathetic nerve blocks
- Pudendal nerve blocks/radiofrequency ablations
- Transversus abdominis plane blocks• Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty, OSTEOCOOL & Spine-jack procedures• VERTIFLEX-indirect decompression procedure
- MILD decompression procedure
- MINUTEMAN procedure
- Peripheral nerve stimulation
- Intrathecal pain pump trials
- Spinal cord stimulator trials
- Shoulder, hip, & knee intra-articular & bursa injections, & carpal tunnel wrist injections
- Genicular nerve blocks/radiofrequency ablations
- Conservative opioid therapy -<45 MME’s as last resort after failed interventions/surgery
- Suboxone/Medication assisted program for opioid use disorders
CMC Pain Management Services
Spine Pain Management
Ongoing pain can affect how well you live your daily life, from taking care of your family to enjoying your favorite pastimes. At CMC Orthopaedics, Dr. Simone Maybin, our Interventional Pain Management specialist, can help you regain function and reduce pain using non-surgical techniques.
Whether your pain is from an illness or injury or if you need a diagnosis, Dr. Maybin can help treat the root cause of your pain.
She sees patients with a wide variety of issues including musculoskeletal disorders, sports injuries, and overuse injuries and she has a variety of treatment modalities available to relieve the pain so that you can return to your day-to-day activities as quickly as possible.
Some common conditions we treat include:
- Neck and low back pain
- Degenerative diseases of the spine
- Herniated disc
- Failed back surgery syndrome
- Joint pain
- Spinal stenosis
- Nerve pain and burning
- Face/Jaw pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Peripheral neuropathy
- TMJ syndrome