Don’t let pain control you! CMC will help YOU control your pain.
Pain is a complex condition and can prevent you from doing the things you love. When you’re in pain, it’s hard to work, play or even sleep. At CMC we know the toll that pain can take on your life and we’re here to help.
Our expert team specializes in helping people with long-lasting, severe pain that doesn’t respond to over-the-counter medicines or home remedies. Our goal is to help you manage your pain effectively so that you can participate in your normal daily activities, get a good night’s sleep and live your best quality of life.
No pain is the same,
we have options
At CMC Pain Management in Myrtle Beach, Dr. Farayi Mbuvah works with his patients to find the root causes of their pain. With extensive experience in internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, and pain medicine, Dr. Mbuvah provides exceptional, compassionate care for patients suffering from a wide range pain syndromes including but not limited to neck pain, back pain, headaches, thoracic pain, abdominal pain, joint pain, neuropathy and cancer associated pain. He listens to his patients and tailors his treatment plan for each patient.
Dr. Mbuvah focuses on non-opioid therapies/interventions and offers a wide range of FDA approved, cutting edge therapies including nerve blocks, radiofrequency ablations, epidural steroid injections, joint injections as well as more complex pain interventions such as spinal cord stimulator trials, peripheral nerve stimulator trials/implants ,intrathecal pain pump trials with Morphine/maintenance, minimally invasive sacroiliac joint fusions, kyphoplasty/vertebroplasty as minimally invasive spine procedures (MILD procedure, Vertiflex procedure and MINUTEMAN) for patients with lumbar spinal stenosis/neurogenic claudication who are not surgical candidates or prefer not to have invasive surgeries.
But that’s not all! Dr. Mbuvah has been helping patients along the Grand Strand for years get a grasp on their opioid usage and battle their addictions. He offers a variety of treatments to help you get your life back.
- Occipital nerve blocks/radiofrequency ablation
- Trigeminal nerve blocks
- Trigger point injections
- Supraorbital/Supratrochlear nerve blocks/radiofrequency ablations
- Botox for chronic migraines & Lidocaine/Ketamine infusions for neuropathic pain
- Cervical, thoracic & lumbar nerve medial branch blocks/radiofrequency ablations
- Cervical/thoracic/lumbar epidural steroid injections
- Stellate, splanchnic, celiac, superior hypogastric & lumbar plexus, & ganglion impar sympathetic nerve blocks
- Pudendal nerve blocks/radiofrequency ablations
- Transversus abdominis plane blocks
- Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty, OSTEOCOOL & Spine-jack procedures
- VERTIFLEX-indirect decompression procedure
- MILD decompression procedure
- MINUTEMAN procedure
- Peripheral nerve stimulation
- Intrathecal pain pump trials
- Spinal cord stimulator trials
- Shoulder, hip, & knee intra-articular & bursa injections, & carpal tunnel wrist injections
- Genicular nerve blocks/radiofrequency ablations
- Conservative opioid therapy -<45 MME’s as last resort after failed interventions/surgery
- Suboxone/Medication assisted program for opioid use disorders