Conway Medical Center hosts a variety of events monthly including blood drives, CMC auxiliary events, educational seminars, and much more. The following are the events planned for September 2018. Click here to learn more and to register for specific events.
(All classes and events are held at Conway Medical Center unless noted otherwise)
- BirthPlace Tours are held every Sunday at 2 p.m. and are conducted by dedicated staff; registration is requested if at all possible. Your family is welcome to attend with you and see firsthand what we have to offer! Contact Number- 843-347-5857
- Breast Cancer Support Group – September 11, 5:30 p.m. held at CMC Outpatient Diagnostic Center, 801 Farrar Dr. Contact Number- 843-234-7309
- Breastfeeding Classes – September 18, 7-9 p.m. All classes are held monthly in the Nursing Education classroom located on the second floor in the hospital and are free of charge. Taught by a registered nurse who is also a Lactation Consultant, classes are open to those expecting as well as those who have already delivered their baby. Babies and a partner are welcome to attend! Contact Number- 843-347-5857
- Childbirth Class– September 15, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Conway Medical Center holds childbirth classes every month on specific Saturdays. You should begin your childbirth classes during your 7th or 8th month of pregnancy. Class content will include anatomy/physiology, stages of labor, pain management, breathing/relaxation techniques, postpartum care, breastfeeding, and newborn topics. Contact Number- 843-347-5857
- CMC Auxiliary Fund Raiser- Craft Bazaar & Bake Sale- September 21, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. in CMC Private Dining Rooms. Purchase hand crafted items including quilts, knitted and crocheted items, blankets, jewelry, flower arrangements, baby sweater sets and more. Contact number 843-234-5469
- Diabetes Support Group– September 24, 6 p.m. Managing the Emotional Tolls of Diabetes presented by Pat Douglas, CMC Staff Chaplain. Held in Rehabilitation Services Building in classrooms B and C. Contact Number 843-347-8013
- Joint Replacement Seminar – September 12, 12 p.m. Join us for a free seminar on the latest advances in joint replacement including the anterior approach to hip replacement. Fellowship trained surgeons will discuss treatment options as well as answer any questions you may have. A complimentary lunch will be served. Presented by Dr. Todd Tupis in the CMC Auditorium. Contact Number- 843-347-5857
- Weight Loss Surgery Seminar – September 6, 7 p.m. Zaher Nuwayhid will be discussing the weight loss surgery procedures available at Conway Medical Center, the personalized care he gives his patients, and other information you will need to make informed decisions about your weight loss journey. An information packet will be provided with a guide on how to proceed. Please call 843-347-5857 to register for this free seminar.