After a rigorous review process, CMC has achieved the highly prestigious Baby-Friendly Designation! This is a great accomplishment that required commitment and effort from teams throughout the organization across a multi-year process.
This distinction confirms what we have long known to be true. We adhere to the highest standards of care for breastfeeding mothers and their babies.
The standards of the Baby-Friendly Designation are built on the Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding, a set of evidence-based practices recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) for optimal infant feeding support in the precious first days of a newborn’s life.
The positive health effects of breastfeeding are well documented and widely recognized by health authorities throughout the world. For example, the Surgeon General’s 2011 Call to Action to Support Breastfeeding stated that “Breast milk is uniquely suited to the human infant’s nutritional needs and is a live substance with unparalleled immunological and anti-inflammatory properties that protect against a host of illnesses and diseases for both mothers and children.”
For nearly a century, we’ve had the privilege of caring for moms and babies, generation after generation. Our commitment to excellence and our compassionate care remains unwavering with each passing year.
- More babies are born at CMC than any other hospital in our area.
- CMC is the only hospital in the area with lactation consultants on site every day.
- Only hospital with in-house 24/7 anesthesia coverage, allowing us to quickly address any emergent needs.
- Only hospital in area with Mamava lactation pod, providing a convenient and private location for breastfeeding moms to pump or feed their baby.
- CMC offers a variety of free educational resources to new and expecting moms including breastfeeding classes, childbirth classes, and the CMC Yomingo App.
CMC is the choice for moms and babies.